Monday, March 10, 2008

Double G - gattis gatling or greenville greensboro

the weekend started off with a saturday morning road race in Greenville SC with the Boys. Pinnitt Bennett got fourth, Gatling Gun the work horse finshed 6th, I spelll my name with one M Jimy got 7th, and Horse Jockey was off the back. Not the best showing but we still had three in the top ten. KOP, king of pisgah, came later for some action and finished fifth. The race was a neat course finishing on a big hill climb where Pinnitt's father Danger Dan was posted taking glamour shots of the Sycamore Team. We stopped at Crackel Barrell on the way home for a Gangsta Hopping good time. Upon returning through the Hendo to Brevard, I packed up to head to Greensboro for a night with the sponsors. We hung out with some other parts of our family and did some family bonding Applebees style. The next day I tried going on a mountain bike ride from my sponsors neighborhood to Burmil park. It was an interesting trail, pretty flat and rooty with a lot of down trees and a lot of bridges.



My ride was cut short due to a flat making me walk a few miles to meet up with the sponsors who graciously morphed into my support team to pick up the pieces of my ride and return me home.



So far my mountain biking in Greensboro have been a flat and a race i got lost during about a year ago, hopefully third time will be a charm. Until then keep it upright!

No comments: